The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)’s Kolba Innovations Lab, in partnership with the Ministry of Territorial Administration and Infrastructure of the Republic of Armenia, is implementing Future Skills and Jobs for Armenia’s Rural Youth project, funded by the Russian Federation.
Project seeks to enhance opportunities of employability as well as promote self-employment and entrepreneurship amongst youth in the regions of Armenia, to expand employment opportunities by developing self-employment and entrepreneurial skills, and to prepare the youth for the labor market of the future. The target regions of the project are Shirak, Tavush, Gegharkunik and Lori with respective focus on agriculture and food processing, tourism and creative industry sectors.
One of the project directions focuses on matching young talent with employment market. In doing so, UNDP offers short-term internships for last year students and newly graduates from the fields of tourism, agriculture and food processing and creative industry. The internship offers on-job training provided by the hosting employer, practical skill building opportunity and regular engagement in current working process on the hosting organization. The engagement may consider both: physical and remote involvement formats.
The application deadline is June 30, 2020.
Who can apply:
· Last year students of vocational or higher educational institutions, specializing in one of the three above mentioned sectors;
· Recent graduates or applicants having a professional qualification in one of the three above mentioned sectors;
· Applicants having qualifications in tourism, agriculture and food processing, creative industry;
· Young professionals up to 25 years old;
· Residents of Shirak, Lori, Gegharkunik or Tavush regions;
· Applicants willing to acquire new practical skills and knowledge, with positive attitude and innovative mindset.
Terms and conditions:
Internship will take place during 2020 (lasting 3-4 months), including practical skill and professional capacity building component provided by the employer, mentorship, as well as a involvement in regular working routine. The internship may consider both types of engagement: physical and remote/online.
What does the internship offer:
· Development of professional skills under overall guidance of experts from leading sectoral organizations;
· Acquisition of applied professional knowledge;
· Strengthening own competitiveness on labor market, preparedness for labor market of future.
Interested applicants are invited to submit the application form, by following the link. Applicants shortlisted on the competitive bases will be invited to an interview hosting sectoral employers and UNDP/Kolba Lab. If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com