Aid for Trade for Central Asia, South Caucasus, and Western CIS (Armenia)
What we do
Aid For Trade project is implemented in Tavush region of Armenia as it has a strategic and pivotal significance for Armenia for freight traffic to Russia and other CIS countries, as well as to Europe and Turkey through Georgia.
With support of Government of Finland, and in partnership with SME DNC, UNDP is:
- Supporting economic development through promotion of trade in Tavush region;
- Building capacities of public sector authorities, SMEs, and business support institutions for trade mainstreaming and export promotion;
- Strengthening capacities of the Market Information Center for provision of adequate customer services.
Some results so far
More than 150 clients received specialized trainings on business planning, agro-processing, agro-marketing, dried fruit production technologies, and greenhouse technologies.
On-line Marketplace web portal http://www.marketplace.smednc.am/ was created and has more than 3,600 registered users.
14 dried fruit producers received fruit drying equipment. More than 2.6 tons of dried fruit was produced and sold during first months of the operation.
17 households from Ptghavan community and 12 households from Tavush community received 120m2 greenhouses with drip irrigation and high quality vegetable seedlings.
Who Finances it?
Government of Finland
Delivery in previous fiscal year
- Project start date:
- Estimated end date:
- Geographic coverage:
- Tavush region
- Focus Area:
- Poverty Reduction
- MDG 1 - Eradicate Extreme Poverty and Hunger
- Project Coordinator:
- Babken Babayan
- RA Ministry of Territorial Administration