Phone: +374 60 530000
Fax: +374 10 543811
We are looking for competent and motivated persons who are willing to dedicate themselves to a rewarding career with UNDP, one of the leading development organizations in the world.
UNDP adheres to the following values and principles in recruitment and selection processes: professionalism, integrity, objectivity, transparency, and respect for diversity.
UNDP does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process. If you have any questions as to vacancy announcements you may have received from other sources, please refer to this website.
UNDP is currently aware of fictitious vacancy announcements that are being circulated through the Internet, the purpose of which is to get people to register for a training and send in a fee. If you believe that you have received such a notice, please forward it, and any other related information you have received, to email@example.com
Since logos, emblems, names and addresses can be easily copied or reproduced, you are advised to take particular care in applying for vacancies, including undertaking all appropriate measures to protect against the unauthorized use of any personal information you may have provided as a result of the scam.
The purpose of UNDP’s internship programme is to:
· Provide a framework by which post-graduate students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned to UNDP offices, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments;
· Expose them to an international environment;
· Expose them to the work of UNDP with the objective of deepening their knowledge and understanding of UNDP’s goals, principles and activities;
· Provide them with hands-on experience in specific areas and projects based on their academic background, and
· Provide the UNDP office and projects with the assistance of qualified post-graduate students specialized in various professional fields.
UNDP Armenia Country Office accepts interns provided the following conditions are met:
· Have just completed a degree programme in a graduate school (second university degree or higher, e.g. MA, MSc) at the time of application and have either received a degree or are working towards the completion of a degree;
· Are proficient in English, written and oral;
· Demonstrate keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular;
· Demonstrate ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Duration of Internship Assignments
Internship assignments vary in length according to the needs of UNDP within the range of 4 to 6 months. If an internship applicant can prove that a nine-month internship will grant them an educational credit for one full school year, the internship may be exceptionally granted for a duration of nine months.
Interns will be assigned to an operational or programme unit of the UNDP country office or to a development project, according to the specific Terms of Reference of the required profile.
Independently of the length of internship and the unit where internship will pass, all interns will undergo a series of “discovery” briefings and trainings, including with the UNDP Resident Representative, Deputy Resident Representative, Operations Manager, heads of operation units, programme analysts, communications analyst, as well as with the UN RC office and UNDPI for the overall activities of UN in Armenia.
At the end of internship, a certificate will be issued to all interns who successfully completed the internship, based on an assessment by the head of the unit where they worked and a short interview with the office senior management.
Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP.
All costs connected with an intern's participation in the Programme must be borne by:
a) the nominating institution, related institution or government;
b) the applicant, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make their own arrangements for travel (including to and from the office), visas, accommodation, etc.
UNDP accepts no responsibility for the medical and life insurance of the intern or costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship.
Applicants for internship who are not Armenian citizens must show proof of valid medical and life/accident insurance valid for Armenia, which must include adequate coverage in the event of an injury or illness during the internship.
The purpose of internship is not to lead to further employment with UNDP but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship. Should an offer of employment be envisaged, a 3-month break, from the end of the internship, must be respected. Interns cannot apply for posts during the period of internship.
Application for Internship
UNDP Armenia Office calls for internship applications twice a year – in January and June – according to its requirements and based on the announced profiles (terms of reference). Applications must strictly relate to the TORs. No unsolicited ad hoc applications are accepted.
Interested applicants must respond to the announcements published at the UNDP Armenia JOBS site, providing all the documentation mentioned therein.
Phone: +374 60 530000
Fax: +374 10 543811